Wednesday, March 8, 2017

International Women's Day 2017

Today is International Women's Day and I want to tell you what it means to me.


Today is just another day.  Another day of putting the dog outside, kissing hubby goodbye on his way to work where he will bust his butt so we can have things, walking the kids to the bus stop and telling them I love them and hope they can have a wonderful day.  I come back inside, put the dog out again, read some news, have some coffee, crochet items for people, clean the home, do the dishes and laundry.  Tonight I'll make dinner.  We will eat until we are full and we will go to bed to do it all over again.  We're blessed.

Today is just like any other day and I wouldn't change that.

For the media to ask women to take today off and show them what life would be like without women in the workplace is asinine. Don't lose your job to prove your worth.

I am a proud woman. I am a proud mother and wife.  I don't have to march somewhere to say that.

Women in this country and other countries should not have to have a day to march just to say we are important, that we are EQUALS.  Not your race, your religion nor your sex should stand between you and what you want to be in your life.  Give love and inspiration, even when you don't always feel like it.  For those women who are beaten down by life, by others, know that you are loved and there is more for you out there. 

This day shouldn't have to be a thing.  All we ask is equality.  Women shouldn't have to worry every time they leave their home or vehicle about who is going to hit on them, assault them or rape them.  Not in any country, anywhere.  We shouldn't have to worry whether IF we are assaulted, will the government of male majority decide that my body is something they can control. 

I was raised to speak my mind, to be honest.  I love others and expect it in return.  I may be crass and sometimes unbearable but so can everyone else.  Women are amazing creatures, but so are men, so are those that don't consider themselves a gender but as a people, so are children.  We don't have to have a day to point that out.  It just is.

No comments:

Post a Comment